When your community depends on the work of a civil engineer, you need professionals who will take the utmost care and have the highest levels of integrity. This is our standard. We know that our decisions will impact your community for decades, and we will always strive for solutions that efficiently utilize tax payer dollars both now and in the future.
Planning for the future is critical if a community is to be sustainable. Balancing public expectations, varying elected official priorities, and financial constraints are all part of the master planning and asset management process. It is imperative that the utilities constructed now will serve the community for generations to come.
- Asset Management
- Utilities Master Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- Reliability Studies
- Cost Estimates
- Inflow and Infiltration Studies
- Utility Capacity Analysis
Utilities Design & Construction
The VK Civil team has the expertise and ability to design and administer the construction of waste water collection, water distribution, storage tank, pump station, storm water facility and road projects.
- Plans, Specifications and Permitting
- Construction Cost Estimates
- Construction Bidding and Contract Administration
- Construction Observation
We perform engineering plan reviews and provide construction observation services for development projects on behalf of our municipal clients. These projects include plats, site condos, industrial parks, and retail facilities. Just a few of the notable names include the Byron Center Tanger Outlet Mall, Davenport University Caledonia Campus, and the Switch Pyramid and Supernap.
- Development Engineering Plan Reviews
- Drainage Plan Reviews
- Aggregate Mining Reviews
- Developer Cost Sharing Agreements
- Offsite Utility Extensions
We work very closely with municipal administrative staff and utility system operators to help them maintain peak efficiency and answer any questions along the way.
- Utility Administrative Assistance
- Utility Administrative Ordinances
- Rates and Charges/Billing
- Inter Municipal Utility Service Agreements
- Operation and Maintenance Plans
- Utilities Mapping
- GIS/GPS Mapping
- Records Management